Lorac Contour Palette Review
I have heard amazing things about this contour palette and Lorac altogether as a makeup brand. I have wanted to try Lorac for a while but just didn't have the budget for it until recently. I picked up the contour kit and tonight I tried it for the first time!
Overall I would rate it 10/10 for pigmentation. Yowza, you really do not need a lot of product on or it will be too intense. I used the brush that came with it and it definitely is not for beginners (the brush), it really creates a sharp contour - which I love!!! But wouldn't be for others. If you are a beginner you will want to you use a much softer brush like the Mac 109. I did use the Mac 109 after to blend it out to create a smoother look.
Overall I would definitely recommend this. It's great to have in your kit if you're an artist because it suits multiple skin tones which is awesome. If you are into contouring I would suggest getting this over the Anastasia kit, the contour shades are truer to an actual "shade" that would fall under your cheek bones. Though I think personally that NYX taupe takes the cake for the best contour shade out there yet. A review on that is to come at another time. :)
I used the contour kit for today's look:
- Too Faced "Born this way" Foundation
- Lorac Contour Kit
- Mac Mineralize Skinfinish to set
- NYX HD concealer
- Nars "Orgasm" Blush
- Becca Cosmetics "Champagne Pop" for highlight with Makeup Forever sculpting duo #2 on top. (love me all the highlighter!!! :p )
- Anastasisa Beverly Hills Amrezy palette "Caramel" and "Morocco" on crease blended with Mac "Embark" (to crease the cut crease)
- Colour Pop "Drift" on outer lid with "Nillionare" and Bellapierre pigment in "Champagne" on inner corner.
- Mac "Embark" on lower lash line mixed with Colourpop "Drift"
- Inglot Cosmetics Liquid liner #77 with NYC Liquid liner on top.
- House of Lashes "Starlet Lashes"
- NYX White eye pencil in lower lash line.
- Anastasia Beverly HIlls Dipbrow in "Ebony"
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Liquid Lipstick in "Veronica"