Vamp Lips in the Summer
I have been looking all over Ottawa for this particular NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream by the name "Transylvania" and I was unable to find it anywhere. There is only one drugstore here that has it and last time I was there they were out. Well, I happened to be by this particular drugstore the other day and lo and behold, ONE LEFT!!!! Oh man I grabbed it so fast, terribly excited to use it!!!
I applied it today and at first I was a little worried, it is incredibly streaky and after it has dried it looks patchy, dark in some areas and light in others, not at all consistent. Also, after about 2 hours, it looked even patchier. I hurried home to take it off (the soft matte lip creams dry my lips out incredibly fast so I have to reapply them quite often, more often then a regular matte lipstick). When I reapplied I lined my lips with Mac "Nightmoth" as the colours are very similar. I lined my entire lips with this in order to prevent the patchiness, then applied the lip cream. SO much better!!! The patchiness was gone and overall the colour seemed much more "even".
Don't get me wrong, I love NYX and their soft matte lip creams but some are definitely hit and miss. By far this is probably the darkest combo I own and I love it, I will definitely wear it again. In addition to this, it's easy on the wallet!
Here's today's makeup details:
- -YSL Le Teint Touche Eclat Foundation applied with a beauty blender
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit
- Mac Prolongwear concealer in NW20
- Mac Mineralize skin finish powder in medium.
- Mac Mineralize powder in "Sterero rose" mixed with "soft and gentle" for highlight.
- Mac Mineralize blush in "Dainty"
- Smashbox Full Exposure palette on crease and outer edge with ABH Amrezy palette in the shade "Glisten" on lid with "Legend" on tear duct.
- Tarte Cosmetics Tarteist Clay paint eyeliner with NYC liquid liner on top.
- Ardell Demi lashes.
- NYX Retractable eye pencil in "white" on lower lid waterline.
- Mac "Nightmoth" lip liner
- NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in "Transylvania"