Anastasia Artist Palette and Beauty Blender Review
I have been using a brush to apply my foundation for the past year, and it's been great. The Sigma F80 is such a fantastic brush and it applies like a dream. Well, I had heard about the beauty blender being just as amazing but I was a little afraid of the sponge aspect of it. Especially considering that sponges breed bacteria. I definitely wasn't going to buy the sponge without buying the cleaner that comes with it. This past week I finally got it because my F80 is deteriorating and in order to make it last I needed to get another applicator for my foundation.
So here are my thoughts about it!
- Easy to use
- The blending of concealer really helps prevent creasing while still applying a good layer.
- Can apply multiple layers without it streaking or looking caked on. Great for heavy coverage
- More of a glowy finish than a brush. Also more seamless look.
- Overall the best for concealer and highlighter.
- Need to moisten it to use, can be a hassle needing the extra product (I use Mac Fix+)
- Needs to be cleaned diligently
- Not easy to clean if travelling.
So, is it worth it? I say yes, BUT you have to be committed to cleaning it, otherwise your face will end up with more bacteria on it which isn't cool.
Next up, Anastasia Artist palette!
This palette is a dream, this is my 3rd palette that I've bought from Anastasia and seriously cannot say enough about this brand. The matte shadows are beyond amazing, they are much better than Mac matte shadows, they are so easy to blend and are incredibly pigmented. The sparkle shadows are to die for. This definitely is not a "go to" palette but it is so great if you want just a little pop of colour! I used it today for my makeup and will explain a little farther down what I use.
This palette is $30 and considering that the single shadows are $14/piece. This is such a great deal. I always suggest people buying her palettes whenever they come out because they are so reasonable and you're getting a lot of bang for your buck!!! I know last week when I went into Sephora they still had some of these in stock so go get one!!
Now, for today's makeup:
- Armani Luminous Silk Foundation
- Too Face Chocolate bronzer for contour
- LA Girl Cosmetics HD Pro Concealer for conceal and highlight
- Anastasia Contour kit in light to set concealer.
- Mac "Springsheen" Blush
- Anastasia Dipbrow in "Ebony" and clear brow gel.
- Mac "Styled in Sepia" lipsick.
- Mac Paint Pot in Painterly as primer,
- NYX cosmetics Jumbo mik pencil as second primer
- MAC Myler to set primers
- Naked from the Naked 1 palette as crease colour
- Anastasia "Dusty Rose" as transition colour with "Blue velvet" on edge and "orange your fancy" on inner lid. Sidecar from Naked 1 palette on inner corner of eye. "Baby I'm a star" on lower lid
- Mac Blacktrack fluidline to outline eyeliner and NYC liquid liner on top
- Ardell Demi Whispie lashes
Until next time - stay beautiful! :)